Duration: 30 minutes (with Q&A)
This free, half-hour presentation walks you through the process of modeling the economic impact of a new business location and explains its importance. After walking through the considerations of these studies and a case study, the final section of the presentation features Q&A with our hosts.
In this webinar, we answer the questions:
- Why would you perform an economic impact analysis for a new business location?
- Demonstrate the value to a region in terms of jobs and taxes
- Garner support from public stakeholders
- Evaluate and plan projects and workforce development programs
- What insight can you gain from modeling?
- Who is the audience for this type of analysis?
- How do you set up an analysis of a new business location?
- Construction impacts
- Operations impacts
We also discuss a case study example examining the economic impact of the Lowe’s Design Center Tower project in Charlotte, NC.
Watch the webinar today to learn more about modeling the impacts of a new business location and see a real-world example of the impact those decisions have on the economy.
Education Services Manager
IMPLAN has been redefining the field of economics for over 40 years. Created by academics to serve the needs of the United States Forest Service, it has been transformed today to serve as a solution-provider for anyone interested in understanding their economy.